Thursday, March 29, 2012

After thoughts

I believe I may have judged A TALE OF TWO CITIES too harshly.  I didn't like the character development and I felt it was a little scattered; however, it has had some impact on me because I keep thinking about it.  Maybe it's because Easter is upon us which has its own sacrifice or maybe I'm trying to find something more.  I'm still not a fan of the dummies who went back to Paris but maybe I'm too focused on the surface meaning.  They went for their own reasons and that is something to be admired.  Maybe Dickens was trying to make that point.  We may have to make fatal choices in life but we have to believe in our decisions.  We don't need a French Revolution to remind us of the sacrifices we have to make.  They are sometimes small, a salad instead of a burger.  They are sometimes big, not eating yourself to give your child food.  Would I read it again soon...nope but I guess ATOTC was better than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment